Search Manic Mark's Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

Cal Tjader

Cal Tjader Quintet
Fantasy 3313
1956

Something I've never seen in a thrift or even in a record store in this area is a Fantasy label record. I discovered Fantasy when I bought my first Korla Pandit album. Fantasy pumped out a ton of cool records on the West Coast.

So I was happy and surprised to find this red wax Fantasy Tjader album today. I didn't color correct the cover, the photo was printed is as dark and murky. Apparently this is one of the few notable straight-ahead jazz albums Tjader cut for Fantasy.

Tjader made a ton of records. Check out his discography and bio on his wiki page.

1 comment:

  1. That one really intrigued me! Very fab Fantasy color vinyl!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!