Search Manic Mark's Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Jackie Gleason Presents - Velvet Brass

The Man I Love (stereo)
Jackie Gleason Presents Velvet Brass
Capitol Records W859 (mono - 1957) & SW859 (stereo - 1959)

Alto Saxophone: Toots Mondello

From Billboard - February 2, 1959: Capitol Record's latest release of stereo LP's should find a hearty reception from stereophiles. Included in the 16-LP release are stereophonic versions of sets that have in most cases proven big monaural sellers.

Headlining the pop releases is "Oklahoma!" In stereo the album is even more charming and this release should create new interest in the set, which has long been a best-seller. Another strong pop album in the group is "Jackie Gleason Presents Velvet Brass," which lends itself very well to stereo, because of the many contrasting ork effects.


You're Driving Me Crazy
Skyliner
But Not For Me
Cherokee
Me And My Shadow
Take The "A" Train
By The Beautiful Sea
Am I Blue
What's New
Girl Of My Dreams
My Buddy
I Can't Believe That You're In Love With Me
September Song
Out Of Nowhere
Chinatown, My Chinatown

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! I, too, get very happy when I find another Gleason record!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!