Search Manic Mark's Blog

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ping Pong Sound Of Guitars In Percussion

Sun Spots
The Ping Pong Sound Of Guitars In Percussion
By Eddie Wayne & Group
Coronet Records CXS-139
A Division Of Premier
1963

The entire album title is misleading as far as the "percussion" is concerned. But the music is cool and for the most part "surf" guitar influenced.

I made some attempt to find info on Eddie Wayne online with no success. There are songs with a more driving beat on the album, but I warmed up most to the last track on the B side, Sun Spots.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I love the ping pong effect. It's funny how someone would borrow the term and not use the effect! I love the tune, however! I always grab anything I see with ping pong or 'percussion' in the title.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!