Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, January 8, 2021

That Everlovin' Sassy - Sarah Vaughn

 

My Kind Of Love

That Everlovin' Sassy
Sarah Vaughn
Vernon Records 504
Mount Vernon Music - Mount Vernon, N.Y.

Vaughan is misspelled, not only on the front cover, but also on the back cover and the disc label.

From the back cover: If Sarah disappointed her jazz fans when she recorded "The Lord's Prayer," she received in return one of her most treasured mentos – a congratulatory telegram from her idol, Marian Anderson. With surprising sales in excess of a million copies, Sarah was urged by her recording bosses to study Latin, as most great religious songs are in that language. Sarah gave it a try, but when a musician friend heard her reading from a Latin text, she dropped the project. "Honey," he remarked, "Thats the hippest jive talk I ever dug!"

No stranger to success, love entered Sarah's life with a force that can only propel her career to even greater heights. Handsome, successful Clyde Atkins, former pro-football star, has made Sarah his bride. He seems destine to bring supreme contentment and happiness into the demanding world of this great artist.

I Can't Get Started With You
I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter
The Man I Love
I'm Glad There Is You
Love Me Of Leave Me
I Don't Stand A Ghost Of A Chance With You
My Kind Of Love
The Lord's Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!