Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Ella Swings Brightly With Nelson - Fitzgerald & Riddle

 

Love Me Or Leave Me

Ella Swings Brightly With Nelson
Fitzgerald - Riddle
Arranged and Conducted by Nelson Riddle
Produced under personal supervision of Norman Granz
Verver V-4054
1962

From Billboard - March 24, 1962: It's Ella Fitzgerald singing against the swinging arrangements of Nelson Riddle on this album. The twosome find hand-in-glove rapport on 12 tracks taken in the finger-snapping medium tempo at which both shine. The brass in the Riddle band has bite and strings sweep and swing. Ella is in fine voice singing a repertoire of standards. "The Gentleman Is A Dope," "I Only Have Eyes For You," "Mean To Me" and "Gonna Go Fishin'" are all top-flight tracks.

When Your Lover Has Gone
Don't Be That Way
Love Me Or Leave Me
I Hear Music
What Am I Here For
I'm Gonna Go Fishing
I Won't Dance
I Only Have Eyes For You
The Gentleman Is A Dope
Mean To Me
Alone Together
Pick Yourself Up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!