Search Manic Mark's Blog

Monday, July 29, 2019

Let There Be Love - Joni James

Let There Be Love
Let There Be Love
Joni James
MGM SE3931 (reissue)

From the back cover: Cover photographer Jerrold Schatzberg is 22 years old and one of the busiest commercial photographers in New York City. He is much in demand for advertising work and for magazine covers. His photographer are staples in the pages of McCall's and Vogue, among other publications. His range is wide, from the sensitive handling of children and women to the more aggressive rendering of such products as Jaguar and Buick. His most recent award, a gold medal, was presented him by the Art Directors Show of New York for a Clairol ad he photographed.

From Billboard - November 14, 1953 (original release MGM E222): The first LP set by one of the country's hottest singers contains eight fine evergreens, performed in Joni's own wistful style, backed stylishly by the Lew Douglas ork. Should be a strong seller.

You're My Everything
You're Nearer
Love Is Here To Stay
I'll Be Seeing You
Let There Be Love
My Romance
The Nearness Of You
You're Mine You
I Need You Now
This Is My Confession
The Moment I Saw You
Am I In Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!