Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

More Cocktail Capers - The Art Van Damme Quintet

I Want To Be Happy
More Cocktail Capers
The Art Van Damme Quintet
Capitol Records L300
1952

This is the somewhat obscure 10 inch Capitol follow up to Van Damme's 1948 Cocktails Capers. The catalog number follows L-299 Yma Sumac, Legend Of The Sun Virgin - 1951.

From the fab cover art to the swinging Van Damme jazz accordion, this short 8 track 10" gem rocks.

I Want To Be Happy
Pavanne
Rachel's Dream
Should I
Fine And Dandy
Perdido
Habanera
Linger A While

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard anyone say "This rocks" to an accordion record. You made me smile.
    The cover art is hilarious!
    Looks like the cartoons had a few too many Vodka Gimlets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I know, I know... Van Damme has grown on me.

      Delete
  2. ola amigo como fazer o download do lp?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great.....................Thank You

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!