Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Country Folk - The Holmes Family

I'm Sorry For You
Country Folk
The Holmes Family
MVM Mount Vernon Music 159

From the back cover: Bob Holmes is a former farm boy who in earlier years of his music career used his father's front porch as a stage to entertain neighbors and friends with his guitar playing and singing. He has filled numerous engagements in the Southeastern States where he will be remembered by thousands. His current record release, "Fallen Angel" and "Stolen Love" is currently making the rounds. Bob depends a lot on his wife Lola for assistance in arranging songs and raising their 11 children who are named "Lucky 13" in this album.

You've Got Company
Hurry Up
Man On The Prowl
I'm Sorry For You
Love
I Need A Boy
Tired Of Loving Me
A Kiss Is A Wondrous Thing
Speak To Me Again
Lucky 13
I'm Gonna Have My Few

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Mark. These were my great-grandparents! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine, Bob & Lola were my grandparents & those are my aunts. My dad was Jerry Holmes. Before he passed he made CDs. I'm happy to share.

      Delete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!