Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Music For Dreaming - Paul Weston

 

Laura

Music For Dreaming
Paul Weston
Produced by John Palladino
Photo by Alex de Paola
Capitol Records T1154
1959

From the back cover: Paul Weston began his career as an orchestral arranger, and worked with both Tommy Dorsey and Bob Crosby. Later, becoming active in radio and motion pictures, he backgrounded such singing stars as Jo Stafford (now his wife), Margaret Whiting and Johnny Mercer. More recently, he has been musical director of many nation-wide TV shows. And today, as in the past, his mood music albums from Capitol are among the most successful of his many achievements.

From Billboard - March 16, 1959: Romantic, lush sound is applied by the orkster on a lovely set of tunes. It's a soft programming package for late hour listening. Stereo adds to the appreciation of the beautifully-arranged selections. Those who like their music sweet and easy will go for this. Numbers include "Laura," "I'm In The Mood For Love," and "If I Love Again." Sound is excellent.

Easy Come, Easy Go
Laura
You're Mine, You!
If I Love Again
Don't Blame Me
My Blue Heaven
I Only Have Eyes For You
Rain
I'm In The Mood For Love
Out Of Nowhere 
I'm Thur With Love
So Beats My Heart For You



No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!