Search Manic Mark's Blog

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Lena Lovely And Alive - Lena Horne

 

I Let A Song Go Out Of My Heart

Lena Lovely And Alive
Lena Horne
Arranged and Conducted by Marty Paich
Produced by Dick Peirce
RCA Living Series LPM-2587
1962

From Billboard - November 17, 1962: The vivacious Miss Horne come across once again with an LP performance that's a show-stopper. Composed of some fine night club-type material, the album has pace and class. All of the tune titles begin with the first person singular, but there's nothing self-conscious about the singing. Some of the fine tracks are "I Concentrate On You," "I'm Confessin'," "I Understand" and "I Surrender Dear."

I Concentrate On You
I Get The Blues When It Rains
I've Grown Accustomed To His Face
I Got Rhythm 
I'm Confessin' (That I Love You)
I Want To Be Happy
I Surrender, Dear
I Found A New Baby
I Understand
I Let A Song Go Out Of My Heart
I Ain't Got Nobody (And Nobody Cares For Me)
I Only Have Eyes For You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!