Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Eternal Sea - Bill Justis

Off Shore
The Eternal Sea
Its Moods Its Love Songs
Bill Justis His Orchestra And Chorus
Monument SLP18078
1967

This is a curious "theme" album. Justis throws in "Mystic Moods" environmental touches and standard 60s pop choral back-up singers into a mood music set that features interesting arrangements.

The record almost plays as if it could be a soundtrack. For me, the blend is just unusual enough to engage my 60s mood music senses.

Ebb Tide
Sail To Bombay, Sail To Rio
The Magic Sea
Off Shore
Beyond The Sea
Enchanted Sea
My Ship
Sailor
Boy On A Dolphin
Red Sails In The Sunset
Sea Of Dreams
The Eternal Sea

1 comment:

  1. I like Bill Justis. Normally he makes very good covers of other hits. I wonder if this is his try to cover the Mystic Moods Orchestra.

    Is there a possibility to download the whole album ?

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!