Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hi Hopes

Label by Doris Walker
The Impossible Dream & I Believe In Music
Hi Hopes
By The Students Of Hope School
Directed by Doris E. Walker, Music Teacher, Hope School
Educational Activities, Inc. AR 696

From the back cover: Hope School opened its doors in September, 1969 to serve the trainable mentally retarded of the Anaheim Union High School District, Anaheim, California.

The Hi Hopes recordings have to be among my favorites. Whenever I feel grumpy or blue... I just listen to the Hi Hopes and presto, suddenly the sun is shinning on my sad little world and I'm feeling less crappy! Thank you Hi Hopes!  Besides couldn't we all learn a lesson from The Label song?

A photo autographed by "Lori" came with this LP as well as the 45 shown above. I believe the full audio file of the album can be found elsewhere online, so I'll just post a favorite track, written by the Hi Hopes Music Teacher, Doris Day. As a treat I'll post the entire 45.

Want more? For a really rare Hi Hope LP I stumbled across (Play And Sing) click the link.

Side One

Everything Is Beautiful
Welcome To My World
Label (Doris Walker)
King Of The Road
La Curcaracha
More

Side Two

Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
Some Day
Candy Man
Ability (Doris Walker)
Miracle (Doris Walker)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Now I've got Hi Hopes, too! Thank you, Doris Walker and the Hi Hopes. You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Thanks for "The Impossible Dream" audio
    I am unable to find audio DL of the other songs anywhere. Do you please have a lead for that?
    many thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!