Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, November 10, 2023

For The Night People - Julie London

 

I Got It Bad

Julie London 
For The Night People
Producer: Calvin Carter
Arranger: Don Bagley
Art Direction: Woody Woodward
Cover Photographs Courtesy of Color-Sonics, Inc.
Engineer: Joe Sidore
Liberty LST-7478
1966

From Billboard - October 29, 1966: Julie London's husky voice is ideally suited for Don Bagley's slow, easy arrangements of standards like "I Got It Bad," "Dream" and "Am I Blue?" Miss London creates a mood tailor-made for a bachelor's will gathering. The mood is mellower and the sound is sensuous.

Won't You Come Home Bill Bailey
I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good)
Saturday Night (Is The Loneliest Night In The Week)
God Bless The Child
Am I Blue?
Dream
Here's That Rainy Day
When The Sun Comes Out
Can't Get Out Of This Mood
I Hadn't Anyone 'Till You
I'll Never Smile Again

1 comment:

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!