Search Manic Mark's Blog

Saturday, August 17, 2019

The Sky - Anita Kerr & Rod Mckuen

When Winter Comes
The Sky
Music by Anita Kerr
Words by Rod Mckuen
The San Sebastian Strings
Narrator: Gene Merlino
Produced by Rod McKuen and Anita Kerr
Arranged and Conducted by Anita Kerr
An Anor Production for Warner Bros. - Seven Arts Records
Recorded in London at Olympic Studios
Engineer: Keith Grant
Remastered in Hollywood by Wally Heider
Vocal solo on "When Winter Comes" by Anita Kerr
Some of the material in this album is from the book "Lonesome Cities" by Rod McKuen
Cover Photo: Joseph Muench
Art Direction: Ed Thrasher
Warner Bros. - Seven Arts Records, Inc WS 1720

From the back cover: Seven years ago when I conceived "The Sea," I hadn't met Anita Kerr, nor had I though of sharing my work with anyone else. It was to be an extension of myself and my feeling about love, using the sea as a canvas.

The many false starts my "Sea" project had, and the events that led to my meeting with Anita and asking her to compose music for my words, have been detailed on the jacket of "The Sea" album, so I won't go into them again here. The collaboration did take place, producing for the two of us a best-selling album, a sequel entitled "The Earth," and now the final set of the trilogy, "The Sky," all in the space of a year.

The year had ended as has the collaboration. For Anita and myself there are many memories left. For you, three shiny, black records... they are filled with a woman's feelings about how music should be written and a man's ideas about life. – Rod McKuen, January 1968


How Many Colors Of Blue?
The Butterfly Is Drunk On Sunshine
A Walk With The Angels
So Little Sun
Night Talk
When Winter Comes
My Dog Likes Oranges
The Forehead Of The Morning
A Patch Of Sky, Away From Everything
Mr. God's Trombones
Buy For Me The Wind
A New Lullaby (For Suzie and Kelly)
It Summing Up
Who Has Touched The Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!