Search Manic Mark's Blog

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Jackie Gleason Plays Today's Romantic Hits For Lovers Only

Midnight Sun
Jackie Gleason Plays
Today's Romantic Hits For Lovers Only
Produced by Dick Jones
Cover Photo: Capitol Photo Studio / Ken Veeder
Capitol Records SW 1978
1967

From the back cover: When next someone asks you, as people are always asking me, "Why aren't great standards being written anymore... where are tomorrow's 'old favorites' going to come from...? – just take this album from your self, and say, "Here they are." Then play them – because these tunes really deserve to last. – Jackie Gleason

Danke Schöen
The Good Life
I Left My Heart In San Francisco
Desafinado
What Kind Of Fool Am I?
Fly Me To The Moon
Make Someone Happy
As Long As He Needs Me
Midnight Sun
More (Mondo Cane)
Theme From "The Unforgiven"
Misty

1 comment:

  1. my cloth ears say this sounds like 'make someone happpy'.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!