Search Manic Mark's Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

Rodgers And Hammerstein - Stradivari Strings

The Sound Of Music
Ping Pong Percussion Of Rodgers And Hammerstein
Stradivari Strings
Pirouette Records RFM 42

When I found this record I couldn't believe my eyes. I was looking at a budget label "ping pong percussion" recording made by Stradivari Strings with Rodgers and Hammerstein as the theme? How good could this album be?

As is typical with many of these albums claiming to be "ping pong"... the effects end when the easy listening begins. There is no blending of "elements". Pirouette tacked the effects onto music that they  had on the shelf.

I like the album because the concept is so goofy and so cheaply executed.

1 comment:

  1. I keep seeing this at the Hawthorne thrift. I never grab it. Just that Rodgers and Hammerstein tunes don't do it for me despite the Ping Pong feature.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!