Search Manic Mark's Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Les Baxter - Young Pops

Misty
Young Pops
Les Baxter
Capitol Records T1399
1960

Here's a great cover, don't you think? This image reminds me of my living room, except all my records are in jackets. What was wrong with teenagers back then?

It is hard to put myself back in the day (I was only four years old when this release hit the stores), but I'm wondering if this music appealed to young folks over The Twist, Hot Rod Lincoln, Chain Gang or any number of tunes?

2 comments:

  1. I love Baxter. I think there were alot of non rock n roll kids that dug this stuff. I guess they were marketing them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely come across records that sound like this marketed towards young adults.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!