Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sound For A Picture Evening

Gay Party
Sound For A Picture Evening
Popular Photography
1965

This an LP marketed by Popular Photography magazine. I'm assuming sales were largely made through advertising in found in the magazine.

There is a Capitol Records logo on the record label.

Apparently, the record was made to accompany home movies and slide shows. There are a variety of easy listening selections and some sound effects with suggestions as to what type of slide show the track would best work with. Gay Party, for instance, "fits just about any party".

2 comments:

  1. I really like "Gay Party" and would have certainly grabbed this vinyl if I came across it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, doo, too. I'm listening to another of those that I downloaded. These ARE old stock CAPITOL tracks. One I am listening to, "Haappy Go Lucky", is obviously Bill Loose, Jack Cookerly, and Emil Cadkin. This is from the same John Seely library notriously used due to a musicians strike in Looney Tunes and used in EVERY media outlet in the fifties. I love Gay Party, too. It's by Phil Green, Loose, and Cadkin. Hanna-Barbera, Screen Gems, and others used it. CARLIN PRODUCTION MUSIC has a lot of this, and Gay Party, as "Within my Arms". You confirmed my own assertions as to the origin of these albums's tracks.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!