Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Disco Gold Atomic Bomb

Disco Gold
Top Tunes Of Today
Dimensional Sounds
Goldendisc Industries

Out of all the goofy things I find that reflect my actual life... this find today makes a great mirror.

This is a disco record with very little disco on it, the tracks are recorded by a fake band and the cover sports a bad atomic bomb explosion photo that requires a moment of study to figure out what the blob represents. Unbelievably, there are at least SIX albums in this series, but this copy found at the thrift has Disco Gold number TWO inside. God knows where number six is today.

How does this find reflect my life? Most days I feel like I don't fit my skin. As if I am an old AM pop song done over by a lame cover group and served up smothered in cheesy atomic age icing. I'm the wrong person in the wrong number 6 jacket lost on a sagging shelf in a run down thrift. Worse yet...  my life appeals to me.

All that aside... this is both the wrong record in the right jacket and the right record in the wrong jacket. I love fake "top hits" cover albums. And there are some great horrible tracks on this one.

1 comment:

  1. TRULY TRULY horrid! I was never a fan of disco in any shape or form so this is even 'better' But I do love the right jacket wrong record on thrift shelf analogy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!