Search Manic Mark's Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

AC DC Let There Be Rock

AC DC
Let There Be Rock
Atco 36-151
1977

I don't collect rock anymore, but one album I still own is this autographed copy of Let There Be Rock with Bon Scott's signature.

The history behind the LP and AC DC's appeal for me started before I got out of high school in 1975. I bought AC DC's first LP and remember reading a review of the work. The reviewer felt the work was "raw" and "primitive". The review wasn't positive. Remember, what most kids were listening to was a very refined or slick form of rock and roll coming from heavy weights like Peter Frampton or Queen. I knew, even then, that AC DC had something and that "raw" quality wasn't a bad thing.

I saw AC DC play The Agora Theatre in Columbus Ohio (a converted movie theatre located on High Street in the OSU campus entertainment area). They kicked ass.

The next time they came to town, I did not see the show, but I did go to a record store in town where they made an appearance and had this LP signed.

My memory is that the boys appeared to be a bit shy, a little befuddled and possibly high. But they were smiling and seemed to be enjoying the attention.

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW. You had this signed yourself. Bon Scott, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you be interested in selling this LP? If so, you can contact me at gtimjac9@aol.com. Thank You. You did get this signed in person, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did get it signed in person. I haven't though of parting with it just yet.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!