Search Manic Mark's Blog

Sunday, November 29, 2020

The One And Only Kay Starr

 

Glad Rag Doll

The One And Only Kay Starr
Musical Director: Hal Mooney
RCA Victor LPM-1149
1956

From Billboard - January 21, 1956: A collection of a dozen standards that Kay Starr has not recorded previously, done in her characteristic style; earthy, blues-touched, song form the heart. The tunes range from "The Prisoner's Song" and "My Buddy" to "Jump For Joy" and "Glad Rag Doll." Riding the crest of a new surge of popularity, the singer stands to cash in with this satisfying anthology of favorites.

A Hundred Years From Today
Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams
Glad Rag Doll
Fit As A Fiddle
My Buddy
You Can Depend On Me
I Want A Little Boy
I'll Never Say "Never Again"
Again
The Prisoner's Song
Once More
Georgia On My Mind
Jump For Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!