Search Manic Mark's Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sanremo 1973

L'uncia Chance - Adriano Celentano
Mistero - Gigliola Cinquetti
Sanremo 1973
P.I Records PI-LPS-4018

Apparently I found a compilation album featuring a collection of tunes from an Italian Pop Festival of the same name. The tracks are studio versions.

The record was manufactured in the U.S.A. which may or may not account for me finding this copy in Cincinnati, Ohio.

According to the translated Sanremo 1973 wiki page, Celentano withdrew the song I picked as a sample from this album before the event and was disqualified for doing so.

The entire album doesn't feature the heavier 70s groove like L'unica Chance. The remaining tracks better reflect the cheesecake cover image in that the vibe is more laid back, smoky and romantic. I hope you agree that the vocal treatment on Mistero is pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!