Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Superstar Guitar - Tony Mottola

Spinning Wheel
Tony Mottola
Superstar Guitar
Project 3 PF 5062SD
1972

This is an Enoch Light label release. Mottola made a number of albums for Light. The arrangements on this set are just quirky enough to hold the attention. Check out Spinning Wheel! Mottola manages to make something out of this song.

There are some great tunes on this album including a solo cover of a blend of Yesterdays/Yesterday by Harbach/Lennon.

5 comments:

  1. I love 70s drumming. Big tom-tom sound, natural snare sound and great budda-budda-ba-dudda drum fills. Yes, also, the guitar playing is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you download the whole album?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the most part, I don't post entire albums. Space and time require that I pick what I consider the better track and go with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also a huge Mottola fan. This is an amazing track selection you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just picked up a Quadrophonic copy of this LP at the thrift shop. Haven't cleaned & played it yet, but after hearing this track, I'm looking forward to listening to it.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!