Search Manic Mark's Blog

Sunday, April 9, 2023

Artificial Rose - Jimmy Newman

 

Angel On Leave

Artificial Rose
Jimmy Newman
Decca Records DL 4748
A Division of MCA Inc.
1966

From the back cover: Ever since Jimmy first appeared on the national music scene, joining the "Grand Ole Opry" ten years ago, it has been said that his is a talent which simply can't be defined by comparing hi singing with that of anyone else. As Jimmy himself puts it, "I have deep admiration for many, many other artists, but when it domes to me stepping in front of a mike, I have no choice but to open up and sing like I've been doing since I was a little fellow too young to even know there were popular people I could have copied.

It is quite likely that he came by this individuality in being born of French extraction in the Louisiana bayous – that fascinating Cajun country – and gaining his early experience on stage shows and radio and television programs in the general area. Later, Shreveport's "Louisiana Hayride" was Jimmy's steppingstone to stardom, as it was also for Decca's Webb Pierce, Teddy and Doyle Wilburn and Kitty Wells and Johnny Wright, among many others.

Artificial Rose
City Of Angels
You Must Be True
Roses Are Red (My Love)
Angel On Leave
Back In Circulation 
Ramblin' ROse
For Better Or For Worse (But Not For Long)
The One Rose (That's Left In My Heart)
Bouquet Of Roses
My Love For You
The Mover

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!