Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Kay Starr: Jazz Singer

 

I Would Do Anything For You

Kay Starr: Jazz Singer
Arranged and Conducted by Van Alexander
Produced by Dave Cavanaugh 
Capitol Records T1438
1960

From Billboard - November 14, 1960: Kay Starr socks over a group of standards with her usual feeling and intensity. The songs include "I Never Knew," "My Man," "Sunday" and "Hard Hearted Hannah." The ork is conducted in swinging fashion by Van Alexander. Solid wax by one of the top song stylists around today.

I Never Knew
My Man
Breezin' Along With The Breeze
All By Myself
Hard Hearted Hannah
Me Too
Happy Days And Lonely Nights
I Only Want A Buddy – Not A Sweetheart
Hummin' To Myself
My Honey's Lovin' Arms
Sunday
I Would Do Anything For You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!