Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Lie To Me - Brook Benton

 

Valley Of Tears

Lie To Me
Brook Benton
Singing The Blues
With The Merry Melody Singers
Mercury Records MG 20740
1962

Billboard - September 22, 1963: Benton's current single hit is the lead item on this powerhouse LP. The lad sings "Lie To Me" in strong fashion and comes through with 11 other topflight performances, many of which have a touch of the blues mixed with a touch of the country. Strings, vocal chorus and other special instrumental effects enliven the ballad album which contains such potent material as "Chains Of Love," "Valley Of Tears," and "Got You On My Mind." Two big ones for Brook, "Send For Me" and "Looking Back" are also included.

Lie To Me
Chains Of Love
Got You On My Mind
Valley Of Tears
Take Good Care Of Her
My True Confession
I Got What I Wanted
Will You Love Me Tomorrow
Pledging My Love
Tomorrow Night
Send For Me
Looking Back

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!