Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, September 11, 2020

Julie Is Her Name - Julie London - Vol. 2

Spring Is Here
Julie Is Her Name
Volume Two
Julie London
Produced by Bobby Troup
Cover Design: Garrett-Howard
Engineer: Ted Keep
Liberty Records, Inc. LRP 3100
1958

From the back cover: One's own success is always difficult to top. This is an old show business adage. Perhaps we're overly enthusiastic, but in this case we feel the good is followed by the better. "Julie Is Her Name – Vol. II" has all the sincerity and warmth of "Julie Is Her Name". The songs have the same tingling nostalgia. Howard Roberts' brilliant guitar work and arrangements capture every nuance of every mood. Red Mitchell's impeccable bass work couldn't possibly make a more musically marriage. And Julie's singing stature continues to grow and grow.

Blue Moon
What Is This Thing Called Love
How Long Has This Been Going On
Too Good To Be True
Spring Is Here
Goody Goody
The One I Love Belongs To Somebody Else
If I'm Lucky
Hot Toddy
Little White Lies
I Guess I'll Have To Change My Plans
I Got Lost In His Arms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!