Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, August 7, 2020

Politely! - Keely Smith

Lullaby Of The Leaves
Politely!
Keely Smith
With Billy May and His Orchestra
Arranged and Conducted by Billy May
Producer: Voyle Gilmore
Capitol Records T1073
1958

From Billboard - October 20, 1958: Miss Smith really has a way with a song. Accompanied by excellent ork settings from Billy May, she runs thru a fine program of standards in most appealing style. Her ballads are lush and lovely, and she swings on the up-tempo tunes. Selections include "I'll Get By," "All The Way" and "On The Sunny Side Of The Street." Attractive cover drawing of the chick will attract.

Sweet And Lovely
Cocktails For Two
The Song Is You
I'll Get By
Lullaby Of The Leaves
On The Sunny Side Of The Street
I Can't Get Started
I'll Never Smile Again
S'Posin'
East Of The Sun (And West Of The Moon)
All The Way
I Never Knew (I Could Love Anybody)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!