Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, January 10, 2020

My Kind Of Waltztime - Ethel Ennis

Paradise
My Kind Of Waltztime
Ethel Ennis
Arranged and Conducted by Dick Hyman (Courtesy of Command Records)
Produced by Andy Wiswell
Recorded in RCA Victor's Studio A, New York City
Recording Engineer: Mickey Crofford
RCA Victor LSP-2986
1965

From Billboard - April 17, 1965: Ethel Ennis's vocal prowess on the waltz mood is effectively put in focus here. She knows how to set up a mood that stays warm and winning through a repertoire that includes a standard like "The Song Is Ended" and a comparative newcomer like "Coloring Book."

Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin'
The Petite Waltz
Some Day My Prince Will Come
Remember
Paradise
It's A Grand Night For Singing
Far Away Places
Till We Meet Again
My Coloring Book
Falling In Love With Love
I'll Always Be In Love With You
The Song Is Ended (But The Melody Lingers On)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!