Search Manic Mark's Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2018

The Casual Jesse Belvin

The Casual Jesse Belvin
Crown Records CLP 5145
1959

Available from online vendors so I will not be posting a sample. Presented here to share this particular version of the cover design.

From Wikipedia: Shortly after finishing a performance in Little Rock on a bill with Sam Cooke, Jackie Wilson, and Marv Johnson, on February 6, 1960, Belvin and his wife were killed in a head-on collision at Hope, Arkansas. The concert was the first concert played before an integrated audience in the history of Little Rock, and was stopped twice by interruptions from whites in the audience, shouting racial epithets and urging the white teenagers in attendance to leave at once. There had also been several death threats on Belvin prior to the concert, which led to speculation that his car had been tampered with prior to the accident. The actual cause of the accident was the driver who had fallen asleep and lost control. The driver had been recently fired for falling asleep at the wheel by another musical act.[8] Belvin was buried in Los Angeles.

Goodnight My Love
Sentimental Reasons
I'll Mess You Up
Once Upon A Time
I'm In Love
Girl Of My Dreams
My Desire
Don't Close The Door
I Want To Know Why

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!