Search Manic Mark's Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2018

An Evening At Dino's Lodge - Jack Elton & Steve La Fever

I'll Be Around
An Evening At Dino's Lodge
Jack Elton and Steve La Fever
Cover Photography and Design: Phil Howard
Recorded in Hollywood 1961
James Economides Jr., Engineer
Ultimate Records URM-6101
Distributed by Ardco - Hollywood, California

From the back cover: Jack Elton has a unique, fresh and completely modern approach to the piano; however, to this he adds the technique and background of a thoroughly schooled classical musician. He attended Baldwin Wallace College in Ohio, The American Conservatory of Music in Fountainebleu, France, and The National Conservatory of Music in Geneva, Switzerland. He has developed a pianistic style that commands attention.

Another reason we feel you will find the twelve songs in this album played with such freedom and taste is the articulate support given by bassist Steve La Fever. Steve studied at the University of Southern California and with Herman Reinshagen, probably the world's greatest living exponent of the Double Bass. Having worked with many leading Jazz Groups, Steve, like Jack, is equally... and happily... at home playing any type of music and consequently spends many hours before the recording microphones of the Motion Picture, Television and Recording Industries in Hollywood.


Tonight
You're My Girl
I'm Beginning To See The Light
One Finger Melody
Stella By Starlight
Lullaby Of Leaves
Chaser
Speak Low
The More I See Of You
I'll Be Around
Blue Moon
Wee Small Hours

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mark. I have this album on vinyl but it's still sealed. I would love to listen to the whole album but really don't want to unseal it! Would you happen to have the rest of the album available to listen to? All the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! For a variety of reasons I only share, for the most part, single samples on this blog. I also don't believe that I saved the set when I finished digitizing it. Sorry! Have a great weekend! – Mark

      Delete
    2. No problems. I will stave off the urge to open it. I have the 12" and 7" records of the Frankie Ortega Trio at Dino's so I will keep listening to those instead.

      Delete
  2. Hey where can I get this album or anything else recorded at Dino’s lodge?

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!