Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The Sweet And The Swingin' - Paul Weston

Street Of Dreams
The Sweet And The Swingin'
A Fresh Contrast Of Melodic Strings And Swinging Vocal Patterns
Paul Weston
Produced by John Palladino
Capitol Records ST 1361
1960

From Billboard - April 18, 1960: Maestro Weston takes a group of familiar tunes and scores them in relaxing fashion for the work. Then he superimposes a male vocal group in a set of interesting vocal counter melodies. The idea is similar to a style once used by the band of the late Tommy Dorsey on such items as "Marie" and "East Of The Sun." This is a refreshing way of handling the tunes which should find favor with some jocks.

The Thrill Is Gone
I Love You
Time On My Hands
I'll See Your In My Dreams
Lies
Dream
Blue Moon
Bye Bye Blues
Linger Awhile
Sometimes I'm Happy
Street Of Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!