Search Manic Mark's Blog

Monday, September 19, 2016

Satin Affair - The George Shearing Quintet

Bolero #3
Satin Affair
The George Shearing Quintet
Arranged by George Shearing with Billy May
Conducted by Billy May
Produced by Dave Cavanaugh and Tom Morgan
Piano by Baldwin
Cover/Gown by Iris Petri
Capitol Records
ST 1628
1961

From Billboard - October 9, 1961: Here's the familiar Shearing Quintet sound, with tasteful but sparing touches of strings woven in. Billy May worked with Shearing on this scorings and a classy job they did on such tunes as "Early Autumn," "My Romance," "The Party's Over," etc. The set also boasts a most appealing cover. Good wax for late night romances and the jocks who serve that clique.

Early Autumn
You Were Never Lovelier
Star Dust
Baubles, Bangles And Beads
It's Not You
The Party's Over
Midnight Sun
Here's What I'm Here For
I Like To Recognize The Tune
My Own
My Romance
Bolero #3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!