Search Manic Mark's Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2013

And So To Bed - Michael Antonie

Without A Word Of Warning
And So To Bed
Michael Antoine And His Orchestra
RCA Victor LPM-1285
1956

An obscure lounge piano artist, backed mostly by strings, renders quiet and tasteful arrangements. There are no notes on the back cover that help us with who Antoine was as an artist.

I'll Be Loving You
I'm At A Loss For Words
Imagine, Just Imagine
All The World
Ask My Heart
Without A Word Of Warning
See It My Way
I Think Of You
I Guess I'll Be On My Way
April In Monte Carlo
I Wish You All The Best
Say The Word

3 comments:

  1. I was looking for years!
    Could you please upload the disc (entire)?
    Thank You Very Much.
    Best Regards.

    Alf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds excellent indded. Would love to hear the entire album...Any possibilities?
    Thanks for the introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks indeed for uploading this very listenable tune, Mark. A rather lovely 'New Orthophonic' recording.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!