Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Exotic Moog - Martin Denny

Enchanted Sea
Exotic Moog
Martin Denny
Liberty Records LST-7621
1969

I finally picked up a copy of this harder to find Denny LP. I expected this set to be an extension of his later "jazz/lounge" approach. The track Was It Really Love is somewhat more like what I expected (his later sound). All the tracks, to my ear, work together although the album doesn't conform to any one "mood". There are funky, spacey and even "light-pop" moments to be enjoyed on the LP.

Quite Village
I Talk To The Trees
Yellow Bird
The Enchanted Sea
Delilah
Let Go
Midnight Cowboy
Cast Your Fate To The Wind
Let It Be Me
A Taste Of Honey
Was It Really Love
Love Me Tonight

1 comment:

  1. Hey, could you post the whole album please? The reason why I ask is because I bought the Exotic Moog CD, but the audio sounded nothing like the LP or original album, and Exotic Moog is not downloadable on any music streaming service or site. The CD's timings on the tracks are off, and Was It Really Love, my favorite song on Exotic Moog, sounds too muffled and bad quality compared to the LP version. And even MediaFire's link is down, and you can no longer download the album. If you could help out, I'd really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!