Search Manic Mark's Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

The Best Of 68 - Terry Baxter

The Best Of 68
Terry Baxter And His Orchestra
Columbia Musical Treasuries
CBS Direct Marketing Services
P2M 5223
1968

This is a two record set which I was surprised to find online for purchase/download. So, sorry, I will not be posting a sample. The set seems like it would be one of those overlooked and obscure recordings.

I didn't expect much from a Baxter LP. I've got another three record set that features a few decent and whacky tunes amongst many rather standard easy listening tracks. But this album holds interest throughout the four sides and offers up some great 60s groove. Even the more easy tracks are enjoyable featuring nice light pop touches.

The track list, from the back cover as listed in alphabetical order:

By The Time I Get To Phoenix
Can't Take My Eyes Off You
The Dock Of The Bay
Gentle On My Mind
Goin' Out Of My Head
The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
Green, Green Grass Of Home
Green Tambourine
Honey
The Impossible Dream
It Must Be Him
Kiss Me Goodbye
Love Is Blue
Mission: Impossible
Never My Love
Release Me
Sounds Of Silence
Storybook Children
Sunny
Theme From Valley Of The Dolls
To Sir, With Love
Up Up And Away
Windy
Woman, Woman

1 comment:

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!