Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Piano Witchcraft Of Cy Coleman

The Riviera
Piano Witchcraft Of Cy Coleman
Orchestra Arranged and Conducted by Billy May
Capitol ST 1952
1963

Here is an album, that much to my surprise, I was not able to find online as a CD or purchase/digital download. If nothing else, the cover art is worth the price of admission.

The tunes swing between more piano/orchestra light jazz pieces and some nice space age flavored stuff.

Read more about Coleman on his wiki page.

4 comments:

  1. Hello!

    This LP sounds fantastic. Do you know how could I get more from it??? I cannot find it online to download or purchase. Do you have more to listen from this album?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Esther! Generally I only post a sample. I just never got into the habit of posting entire albums due to server space limitations.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!