Search Manic Mark's Blog

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Don Youngblood - For The Good Times

Something Stupid
Full Album (sorry about the needle reset on side one)
Don Youngblood
For The Good Times
Jewel, Cincinnati, Ohio JRC 90018

Great cover photo shot at The Briarwood Lounge in Mt. Healthy, (Cincinnati) Ohio probably in the 80s.

This is one of the newer Jewel Records I've found. Rusty York (Owner, Jewel Records) wrote the jacket notes.

Apparently WCPO (Cincinnati, TV Station) shot Youngblood recording this LP, according the the notes and York mentions this.

Youngblood thanks the president of his "international fan club", The Don Youngblood Fan Club originated in Greensburg, Indiana.  But, today, I can find nothing about Youngblood online.

Straight out of the sealed shrink wrap, Something Stupid.

As always, if there is a problem with any post, let me know and I will attempt to make corrections.

6 comments:

  1. FABULOUS bad lounge! My favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donald M. "Duck" Youngblood 1941-2008. He was from Madison, Indiana.

    From 1969 if this was pressed by QCA (as I think it was)

    Any chance for playing "Rockabilly Cat"? or even Matchbox ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the update. This posts goes way back before I started up the "lounge" blog (I should add it to The Motel Lounge). I found the original file and uploaded it here. I think that you are right about the Queen City Album press. The JRC # is likely the QCA #. Sorry about the needle pick up that wasn't edited out. I didn't want to recompress the file, so I left it in.

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much, Mark. Much appreciated

      Delete
    3. I've played rockabilly cat with him at a cook out

      Delete
  3. My cousin. I was at the benefit. To raise money for his funeral.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!