Search Manic Mark's Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2010

David Carroll - Let's Dance Dance Dance

Uptown Bounce
Let's Dance Dance Dance
David Carroll and his Orchestra
Mercury MG 20649
1961

Featured on the jacket is Cynthia Maddox who graced the cover of Playboy five times in the early 60s. She dated Hefner for a time and apparently left him because he wasn't into marriage. But what I find interesting is that she worked her way from a receptionist position at Playboy to assistant cartoon editor!

This album is split between some very nice space age pop and more standard sounding easy listening numbers.

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover and the track you have posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found my fourth copy of that today, with the cellophane cover still on it. Marked 47cents in a cut out bin from years back. I get such a charge out of Cynthia Maddox and those needle heels. Our mom had a suit similar to the one she's wearing, and looked just as good in hers. As far as the music goes, it's a delightful slice of 1961, I was only seven when it came out. Cool site too!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!