Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Margaret Plays The Musical Saw

Green Leaves Of Summer
Margaret Plays The Musical Saw
Audiocraft Recording Co. Cincinnati, OH

Today's offering is a great local private press recording. Minty fresh vinyl and autographed!

The Musical Saw is the next best thing to the Theremin when it comes to "strange" music instruments. And it may be that Musical Saw recordings are rather more rare than Theremin.

There is a lot of information on the back cover. But one paragraph stands out. Margaret carries her saw in a gun case, which causes problems with security when she boards a plane for Burbank, California, to visit her daughter. Sometimes she must demonstrate that it really is a musical instrument.

That's why you do not see many traveling Saw players these days. They would all be pegged for terrorists, knocked to the ground and stripped search everywhere they went.

5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD! Yes! this is a true treasure! Amazing how the saw even SOUNDS very much like the theremin and it's SIGNED! WOW, is all I can say. I would LOVE this record!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol and I must say that the cover is the most low budget I have ever seen!!! I got one today called Sea Chanties. That has to be a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, this is a pre-printed cover. I find so many pre-printed covers that they aren't that unusual for me and I forget to mention them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually had the great grand daughter of this lady in my class. She brought the album in and allowed me to digital copy it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there a way I can get a copy of this?

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!