Search Manic Mark's Blog

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Organ Stop Pizza & Wurlitzer

Organ Stop Pizza
Wurlitzer Theater Pipe Organ
Presents Ron Rhode
Swartwout Productions SPS 5886-42
197?

Yes, you are looking at an autographed copy of Organ Stop Pizza. Terrific cover of Rhodes (not a stunt double) fearlessly perched on top of a step ladder in front of the Organ Stop Pizza

Organ Stop Pizza is an actual operating pizza parlor located in Mesa, Arizona.  They still engage excellent organ artists to entertain guests.

Never in my life would I have guessed this record, found in an antique store, would amount to more than  an oddball event lost to history. Now I know that some good things in life persist and feature a salad bar!

Check out their website here: Organ Stop Pizza

5 comments:

  1. Well that is just true Roadside America!! A fantastical wickedly painted organ and pizza? What could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wot, no sound sampler? :-(

    all this talking 'bout pizza has give me quite an appetite (for italian food, i mean) - make mine a calzone with extra cheese, extra ham, extra anchovies, extra capres, extra oregano, aww ... extra everything, plus a side order of coleslaw and a chilled half-litre of lager. we'll split the bill. deal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like Coleslaw! I really don't remember why I didn't post a sample. Probably CDs are available.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a signed copy of that LP, too - hard to believe that a pair of them exist in the world. I wonder where that baby blue jacket and ladder are today

    KB

    Houseplant Picture Studio
    http://www.houseplantpicturestudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a nice signed copy and would sell to best offer!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!