Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Sweet Charity - Skitch Henderson

 

You Should See Yourself

Skitch Henderson
And His Orchestra Play Music From Sweet Charity
Produced by John Simon
Cover Photo: Columbia Records Photo Studio - Sandy Speiser
Columbia Records CL 2471

From the back cover: "It's thrilling to know that my long-time friend Cy Coleman has written the score for this smash musical," said Skitch during the recording of this album. "We both went the same route at first – playing piano in nightclubs and all," Skitch mused. "And so I think of the album as not only embodying the wonderful spirit of a great show, but also as expressing my admiration for Cy, whom I know so well. Naturally, it is more than a tribute to a greatly talented friend. Everything about 'Sweet Charity' – including, of course, its star Gwen Verdon – enthralled me from the very first scene!"

Sweet Charity Theme
Too Many Tomorrows
You Should See Yourself
Where Am I Going?
Baby Dream Your Dream
I'm A Brass Band
There's Gotta Be Something Better Than This
You Wanna Bet
When Did You Know
If My Friends Could See Me Now
Big Spender
I Love To Cry At Weddings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!