Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Looking At You - Pat Suzuki

My Funny Valentine & You Better Go Now (LSP-2186)
Pat Suzuki
Looking At You
With Ralph Burns and His Orchestra
Produced by Herman Diaz, Jr.
Engineers: Ray Hall and Ernest Oclrich
Recorded in RCA Victor's Studio at New York City, Recording
RCA Victor LSP-2186 & LPM-2186
1960

From the back cover: "I never minded slugging out an upbeat song as a change of pace but it was ballads that I began with and loved. So this album is me. I've never had more fun or been more relaxed in a studio. I've never been so satisfied with a recording session. I walked into a nice, clean studio and found my favorite nucleus of musicians – Doc Severinsen, Milt Hinton, Don Lamond and Barry Galbraith; and there, as an added attraction, was Ralph Burns conducting his own wonderful arrangements. And we went to work with pretty, simple tunes and it made me feel so good for after four years I was again singing what I wanted." – Martin Cohen (frequent contributor to TV Guide)

From Billboard - June 20, 1960: Here is a very attractive new album by thrush Pat Suzuki; in fact, one of her best releases to date. She handles the ballads with warmth and meaning, especially such items as "He's My Guy," "You Better Go Now," "Small World." The arrangements by Ralph Burns are striking. Good wax.

Looking At You
Small World
Cheek To Cheek
He's My Guy
My Funny Valentine
You Better Go Now
You Brought A New Kind Of Love To Me
I See Your Face Before Me
Easy Living
Don't Look At Me That Way
Let Me Love You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!