Search Manic Mark's Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

Vogue Picture Record Set - Study In Blue

Rhapsody In Blue
Study In Blue
By The Hour Of Charm All Girl Orchestra Under The Direction Of Phil Spitalny
Vogue Picture Record

I was very lucky this week to find an actual set of Vogue Picture Records in their original cardboard jacket. I've never seen an actual jacket before, so this is very exciting. The jacket is made out of heavy cardboard that you find on other 78 jackets of the time. The notch you see at the top allows for you to pull out card board "flats" that the record sits in.

Enjoy Rhapsody In Blue parts I and II (the art for Rhapsody In Blue is the same on both records). Check my next post for very lovely versions of Blue Skies & Alice Blue Gown (records pictured above).

6 comments:

  1. Another beauty! WOW! I just love this suite! To find these in their jacket is remarkable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this very interesting post!! I have a copy of the 2-record "Study in Blue" album but with the blue-textured cover, not the one with the artwork shown in the top image above. Do you know which came first. Is one a reissue? The spine on the one I have says "Vogue Album V100" and the picture discs themselves seem to be identical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment. At this time, I don't have many Vogue disks so I don't have a lot of experience or knowledge to share on this particular set or other packaging the set may have come in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your post and wonderful pictures - I have the complete "Study in Blue" album set in the original blue textured portfolio cover. It belonged to my Momma and has always been a favorite of mine because of the beautiful Vogue picture records. I also have Momma's Glenn Miller portfolio album collection from the same era, though the records in it are the regular black "platters" of the day - the cover does show a great headshot art graphic of Miller though. Wouldn't take a million bucks for either one of these keepsakes; they're priceless to me! So glad others appreciate them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting this interesting piece of history. I just found a copy of this today in its original blue cardboard cover with both records intact for $1 at a local flea market. Am listening to the music now and it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!