Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, July 16, 2010

Jackie Gleason - Music, Martinis and Memories

Yesterdays

Jackie Gleason Presents
Music, Martinis And Memories
Produced by Richard Jones
Bobby Hackett (featured trumpet)
Capitol Records SY-4518

Jackie Gleason Presents
Music, Martinis And Memories
Capitol W509 (High Fidelity)
1955

The back of the LP (top image) is the one featured with a simple track list and a note that the LP is a "Special Re-Issue". There is also an EMI logo on the back cover.  SY-4518 doesn't appear on the Wikipedia Gleason Discography.

I Got It Bad And That Ain't Good
My Ideal
I Remember You
Shangri La
It Could Happen To You
Somebody Loves Me
The Song Is Ended
Once In A While
I Can't Get Started
Yesterdays
I'll Be Seeing You
Time On My Hands

4 comments:

  1. Gleason is one of my all time faves. Fabulous platter, this one here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this record when I lived in SF - the music takes me back. I wish I could find it on a CD ... any ideas??
    God bless, Christine in Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine! Yes, I noted CDs for sale on Amazon, used starting at $7.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My folks introduced me to this album, Capitol W509, back at the time it was released. That album was mono only and was re-recorded later in stereo. Capitol SY4518. Let me tell you, it's fun to play them both and listen to the minor differences, especially Bobby Hackett's horn. My personal opinion is that the newer recording is better because of the opportunity to improve on the older arrangements and, of course, the newer stereo technology.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!