Search Manic Mark's Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Blue Chiffon - George Shearing Quintet

Kinda Cute

Blue Chiffon
The George Shearing Quintet and Orchestra
Arrangements by George Shearing and Billy May
Orchestra Conducted by Billy May
Produced by Dave Cavanaugh
Capitol Records ST1124
1959

From Billboard February 16, 1959: The quintet is backed by the Billy May ork in a series of exciting performances. The set is exciting and offers a fresh, new and securely "new" Shearing sound. Top tracks are "Young And Foolish" and "My One And Only Love." Displayable cover. Top pop and jazz potential.

Love-Wise
For Heaven's Sake
Nocturne
Young And Foolish
Nina Never Knew
Kinda Cute
I'm Old Fashioned 
I Love You
Welcome To My Dreams
My One And Only Love
I'm Gonna Laugh You Right Our Of My Life

3 comments:

  1. NICE cover! I saw this one somewhere recently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you find this to be issued in 1958? Discogs says 1959...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, in this case, I no longer remember. I also, use Discogs as a date source, but dates also come from other credible sources. Occasionally release dates conflict from source to source. I've noted that sometimes people use the recording date for lack of a release date. Releases were sometimes made, say in December, but first press mentions may be in January.

      Delete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!