Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

Organ Favorites - Beverly Laine

Organ Favorites
Beverly Laine & Eddie Truman
Tops L1512
1957

Nice pop organ album from TOPS. This was one of those albums that I would have thought would be fairly obscure. It is, except that all of the songs are available for download at the usual online resources. Again, why some albums are digitized and sold and others are not... I'll never know why.

What is obscure are the artists. I can't find any bio information online.

This is second example of "microgroove" technology from Tops that I've listened to in the past several days. Both pressings sound thin. I attributed the sound of the first record to a bad pressing, but I'm not sure now.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, thanks for posting this album! I'm glad you included the release date! I was searching everywhere for it. I found my copy at a Goodwill for 50 cents. It sounds quite thin to my ears as well, but I enjoyed the whole album.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!