Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Romeo And Juliet - Jackie Gleason

 

Yesterday, When I Was Young

Romeo And Juliet
A Theme For Lovers
Jackie Gleason
Produced by Dick Jones
Orchestrations: George Williams
Recording Engineer: Bob Arnold
Recored at Criteria Studios, Miami, Florida
Capitol Records ST-398
1969

Back Cover Photo: The Great One (Jackie Gleason) with Don Goldie

Also from the back cover: The soloist merits a special word. Far and away the most celebrated big band of the 1920's and 30's was the aggregation of the King Of Jazz, Paul Whiteman, and among its star-studded collections of musicians, for 15 years, was a fine trumpet man best known as "Goldie." Playing the trumpet solos in Jackie's album in Goldie's son, Don Goldie, himself a musician of stature who follows in his famous father's footsteps as a trumpeter of taste, skill and warmly individual sound.

For Once In My Life
Moment To Moment
By The Time I Get To Phoenix
Embassy Waltz From "My Fair Lady"
Love Theme From "Romeo and Juliet"
Beverly
Didn't We
Yesterday, When I was Young
Quentin's Theme from ABC-TV's "Dark Shadows"
This Guy's In Love With You

4 comments:

  1. This track is actually "Yesterday When I Was Young"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first part of the track is "Yesterday when I was young", the second part (starting at 4'05) ist "Quentin's Theme".
    Sincerely, P.O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first part is "Yesterday when I was young"; the second (starting at 4'06) is "Quentin's Theme".
    Sincerely, Pierre

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!