Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

His Great Hits - Gabor Szabo

His Great Hits
Gabor Szabo
Impulse! AS-9204-2
1971

Here's one that is available online for purchase/download so I will not be posting a sample. Sorry!

I really enjoyed this 2 record set. The music is a great space age blend of light jazz and psych mixed up with some touches of light pop. The vibe is built on Middle Eastern and Latin foundations. Some of the tracks smack of fusion.

The mix of influences held my interest all the way through. Good stuff.

El Toro
Lady Gabor
Evil Eye
Mountain Heir
Sophisticated Wheels
White Rabbit
Twelve Thirty
Spring Song
Simpatico
Gypsy '66
If I Fell
My Foolish Heart
Yearning
Search For Nirvana
Krishna
Space
People
Spellbinder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!