Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Themes From The Movies - Marty Gold Orchestra

The Deep
Themes From The Movies (full album)
Themes From The Movies
Peter Pan Records 8201
Marty Gold Orchestra

Imagine finding this garish looking Peter Pan album and noting the song covers are attributed to The Marty Gold Orchestra.

Gold is known for a number of "space age" pop albums, including Skin Tight which is very good and somewhat collectible.

The Theme from The Deep is a stand out. The (Star Wars) Princess and Orca Theme are somewhat exotica and a lot of fun. Other tracks aren't stellar pieces, but most have that 70s cheese factor going for them that make up for any possible let down.

5 comments:

  1. I'd love it more if it was in Japanese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT and the comic book cover art! Too fabulous that it turned out to be Gold!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have spent hours today, hours, trying to figure out what song is in my head. I thought it had something to do with The Spy Who Loved Me. I thought it was on some compilation album I had on vinyl as a kid (for no reason I can remember.) Youtube wouldn't help, I couldn't get google to help. I remembered some pictures from the album cover. My brother found this picture on a google image search. This is it. But still, whatever song it is I do not know. Perhaps it is whatever Marty Gold did with "the Spy Who Loved Me"'s theme song on this record. Perhaps it's one of the others. I know this is a huge request, and a long shot, but any chance you've got the rest of this thing on mp3 zipped up somewhere? I have found no way to download this thing from anywhere, paid or otherwise. If nothing else, thanks for having this album listed on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes... in review, this album still seems to be pretty obscure. I'm listening again and enjoying the LP just as much the second time through. The Spy Who Loved Me is total lounge, love it. I also noted today that Peter Pan appears to have released the album with several different cover graphics. Anywhoooo... here you go. Enjoy!

      Delete
  4. Wore this badboy out as a kid. Is that why I like Yma Sumac so much now? I dunno. Miracles RULES!!!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!